Dragon Blood rice, also known as red rice, is a type of food that is becoming increasingly popular in the diets of many people. It is considered one of the healthy and nutritious foods, attracting the attention of many consumers, especially those who are looking for a healthier lifestyle. From cooking to its health benefits, Dragon Blood rice has many interesting things that we need to explore.
In this article, Reconnect International will explore with readers the origin, characteristics and nutritional value, effects, price, and ways to cook delicious this rice type.
1. Origins of Dragon Blood Rice
Dragon Blood Rice comes from a variety of rice called Oryza sativa, which is a type of rice with a reddish-purple color and is mainly grown in Asian countries such as Thailand, Cambodia, the Philippines, and Vietnam. The name “dragon blood” comes from the reddish-purple color of the rice bran, which reminds us of the color of dragons in legends.
For thousands of years, brown rice has been widely used as a staple food in Asian cuisine. But only in recent years has this type of rice become an important food in healthy eating and weight loss diets. This is probably because rice has many health benefits while still retaining the delicious taste and aroma of traditional brown rice.
2. Characteristics and nutritional value of Dragon Blood Rice
Dragon Blood Rice has several notable characteristics including:
- Color: One of the most notable characteristics of this rice type is its color. The rice grains are a deeper shade of purple-red compared to regular brown rice.
- Flavor: Rice has a distinctive flavor that is fragrant, slightly sweet, and more crunchy compared to regular white rice.
- Nutrients: This rice type is rich in nutrients such as vitamin B, calcium, iron, and fiber. Additionally, it contains antioxidants such as anthocyanin and proanthocyanidin.
- Cooking time: Dragon Blood Rice has a cooking time of around 20-30 minutes, depending on the quality of the rice. This is relatively longer than regular brown rice which can be cooked in about 15-20 minutes.
- Cost: Dragon Blood Rice is typically more expensive than regular brown rice, although prices may vary depending on the region and quality of the product.
2.2. Nutritional Value
Dragon Blood Rice has high nutritional value and is very beneficial for health. The following are some of the nutritional values of this type of rice:
- Fiber: This type of rice is an excellent source of fiber, providing about 3g of fiber per 100g of rice. Fiber helps improve digestion, supports cholesterol reduction, and controls blood sugar levels.
- Vitamins and minerals: Being a good source of many vitamins and minerals, including vitamin B, calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, and phosphorus. These nutrients help strengthen bone health, reduce the risk of heart disease, and boost immune function.
- Antioxidants: This type of rice contains two powerful antioxidants, anthocyanin and proanthocyanidin. These antioxidants can prevent cellular oxidation, reduce the risk of cancer, and slow down aging.
- Weight loss: This type of rice has fewer calories than white rice, making it more effective for weight loss. Additionally, the fiber in rice helps reduce hunger and support the weight loss process.
- Gluten-free: This type of rice is a great source of food for people who cannot eat gluten-containing foods, helping to improve allergies and digestion.
With these nutritional values, this type of rice is becoming a popular choice for those who prefer healthy foods and want to maintain good health.
3. What are the benefits of Dragon Blood Rice?
Regarding the characteristics and nutritional values of this type of rice mentioned above, Dragon Blood Rice brings amazing benefits to human health:
- Helps with weight loss: Rich in fiber and nutrients, it makes you feel full and reduces hunger. At the same time, it also helps control blood sugar and reduce the risk of diabetes.
- Good for the heart: Contains many antioxidants and fiber that improve heart health, reduce the risk of heart disease and high blood pressure.
- Boosts the immune system: Contains many important vitamins and minerals such as vitamin B, vitamin E, iron, zinc, magnesium, and calcium that help strengthen the immune system.
- Lowers cholesterol: Contains fiber and nutrients that help reduce bad cholesterol levels in the body.
- Anti-cancer: Contains many antioxidants that help prevent cancer cell development.
However, in order to have good effects on health, this rice type needs to be combined with a healthy diet and lifestyle.
Read more: Các loại rượu gạo nổi tiếng không nên bỏ qua
4. Dragon Blood rice price
Currently, the price of this rice type on the market ranges from 40,000 – 50,000 Vietnamese Dong/kg. For wholesale prices, it will fall within the range of 27,000 – 32,000 Vietnamese Dong/kg depending on the quantity.
Reconnect International is one of the reputable and largest addresses to buy this type of rice in Vietnam at present. With the desire to contribute to providing the best specialty rice to millions of families every day, we provide customers with high-quality delicious rice along with the most professional service that suits the needs of modern life.
5. Cooking Dragon Blood Brown Rice
At the end of the article, Reconnect International will suggest some ways to prepare this type of rice into healthy, easily digestible and good for health dishes and drinks.
5.1. How to make Dragon Blood Rice Cereal
- 1 cup Dragon Blood Rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Chia seeds (optional)
- Fresh milk or soy milk (optional)
- Berries, chopped fruits or fresh herbs (optional)
- Wash the rice in water until the water is clear.
- Pour the rice and 1 cup of water into a pot with sugar, bring to a boil and reduce heat, simmer for 25 minutes or until the rice is soft.
- Turn off the heat and wait for the cereal to cool.
- Add chia seeds to the cereal (if using).
- Pour the cereal into a bowl, mix with fresh milk or soy milk (if using).
- Decorate with fresh fruits, berries, or herbs as desired.
Dragon Blood Rice cereal can be used for breakfast or anytime during the day. You can adjust the amount of sugar and milk according to your taste.
5.2. How to make dragon blood rice milk
- 1 cup of dragon blood rice (about 100g)
4 cups of water
1 tablespoon of honey (optional)
- Wash the brown rice and soak it in water for about 6-8 hours or overnight.
- After soaking, pour out the soaking water, rinse the rice with clean water. Put the rice in a blender or food processor, add water and blend until smooth.
- Heat the blended mixture, stir until boiling. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes more.
- Turn off the heat and wait for the mixture to cool. Pour the mixture through a layer of cloth or a food strainer to extract the rice milk.
- If you want to add flavor, you can add honey to the dragon fruit brown rice milk.
Dragon blood rice milk can be served hot or cold, and you can store it in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. You can also use this milk to make tea or coffee instead of regular milk.
5.3. How to make Dragon Blood Rice Tea
- 2 cups of Dragon Blood Rice
6-8 cups of water
Sugar or honey (optional)
Tea leaves (optional)
- Wash the Dragon Blood Rice and put it in a pot with water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat. Cover the pot and cook for about 30 minutes until the rice is soft.
- Strain the water to get Dragon Blood Rice water and let it cool.
- If you want to add flavor to the tea, add some tea leaves to the Dragon Blood Rice water and boil for about 5 minutes.
- Then turn off the heat and let the tea cool.
- When the tea has cooled, you can add sugar or honey to taste.
- To enjoy, you can add ice or a little milk as desired.
Through this article, Reconnect International hopes to provide readers with the necessary information about red dragon fruit rice – one of the healthiest and most nutritious foods today. We wish our readers good health and invite them to follow us for more useful information!